There are many home business opportunities that offer you the ability to become a work at home mom or dad, including direct sales, network marketing, and affiliate programs. Many of these provide you with a business that you can start right away.
Here are six questions to ask yourself when investigating companies and opportunities.
1. How long has the company been in business? If the company is less than two years old, there is more risk that the company won’t survive long term.
2. Does the company have a good public reputation? Check with the Better Business Bureau and check online forums to see if a lot of complaints have been lodged against them. If people are legitimately complaining, it won’t be too hard to find negative reviews.
3. Are the products or services being sold excellent quality and in high demand? Without high-quality products, you won’t have repeat customers and referrals. The better quality the products, the more sales you will make.
4. Do you use the products yourself or are you interested in using them? It’s always a good idea to try the products yourself before recommending them to others. That way you know what the quality is like, you can authentically tell people what you think of the products and how you use them.
5. Can the products be ordered securely online and delivered promptly? Is the website (whether the company’s website or your own) easy to navigate and it is easy for people to order? If the process is not secure or the ordering process is too complicated, it could cost you sales and limit your income.
6. What is their customer service like? If you have purchased the products yourself, you can better determine how they deal with problems, if there is a money back guarantee, and if products are shipped out in a timely manner. Call the company, talk to various employees, and learn how they respond to inquiries and requests for information. A good, reputable company will be happy to answer your questions and will always treat you with respect.
Thoroughly research and investigate companies and work from home opportunities before you get involved and make a commitment, whether it’s direct sales, network marketing, or affiliate products. When you get involved with a reputable company that you enjoy promoting, and you genuinely like or love the products, you can develop a satisfying home business with a good income.
Wondering which successful companies may be a good fit for you as a Canadian work at home mom? Email me for some advice.